Transfer Tenant to Another Property
Transferring a tenant within Rentec's program is very easy. Follow these steps:
1. If you have a tenant moving from one unit to another, you will first want to enter into their current unit's ledger and adjust any rent charges and security deposits as necessary.
2. Once their ledger is correct, you can then right-click on Tenant > select Move-out Options.
3. After the tenant has moved out of their current unit, you will want to head over to the Properties tab > click Place New Tenant link.
4. When you are placing your new tenant, select "use existing tenant" towards the top of the page and select the move-in date to be the day you want to begin billing them for the new unit.
5. After you have moved this tenant into the new unit, you have completed the transfer!