Uploading Your Custom Logo
Your Rentec Direct software provides branding options such as adding your custom logo. These instructions will help you upload a custom logo that will display across the software, on your custom website, rental marketing pages, online applications, and portals.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click the Professional Website & Branding option.
- In the Your Logo section, click the Choose File button to locate the logo from your computer.
- Click the Upload button.
You will now see your logo appear in the top left hand corner when you are logged into your account.
System Notes: For best results, set the dimensions of your logo to 186 width x 62 height and make any background transparent. If you upload an image outside of these dimensions, the system will automatically adjust it to fit the space available. If you are off by a few pixels either direction, it probably will not be noticeable; however, if it is off by a lot the logo will appear stretched.
If you do not know how to make your logo fit this criteria, there are a number of resources you can try:
- Contact a local print shop, they typically have graphic artists on-staff and can fit your logo to these dimensions with a transparent background.
- You can use a graphic editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP. These tools are typically reserved for advanced users and have a steep learning curve.
- You can use an online graphic editing program. One such program is Pixlr. Their advanced editing tools can be used to adjust images and make transparent backgrounds. Here is a link to an online video tutorial using Pixlr to make a transparent background.
- You can use a company such as Vistaprint, who offers logo design for a fee. Just be sure to specify the dimensions and transparent background.
- If all else fails, you can email us your existing logo and we can locate a graphic designer and hire them to do the work. The minimum fee for this is $99 and typical turn-around is less than a week. Chances are you can get the work done cheaper at a local print shop, but this option is available if you have trouble finding help.