Returned Check, NSF, Failed Payment
To document an NSF transaction, follow these steps:
- Open the ledger where the payment was made
- Locate the transaction that failed
- Make note of the transaction date & check number
- While in the ledger, select $ Post Payment
- Enter in a NEGATIVE payment amount that reflects the original payment and use the original check number.
- Add in a description of "NSF (payment date)" or another description such as "Payment Failed (payment date)".
- Select the Bank Account that these funds were deposited into, if applicable.
- Post transaction
**You may also want to post additional ledger entries for late fees and/or NSF fees at this time. If you have automatic management fees setup on the property, you will also want to remove the management fee from the property ledger after posting this transaction.
Keywords: Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), Bounced Check, Failed Payment