Listing a Rental on Facebook Marketplace (Legacy)
This help article contains instructions for the Legacy Version of Rentec Direct. More information about the latest version of Rentec Direct can be found here: The Remodel | Rentec Direct’s Newest Software Update
At this time, Facebook Marketplace is not accepting syndication from third parties but they do make it easy to post a rental listing manually. (Training video to accompany these steps is at the bottom of these instructions).
In your Facebook account:
- Click on the Marketplace icon.
- Click on Sell Something.
- Click on Homes for Sale or Rent.
- Upload your property photos. Facebook Marketplace allows up to 50 photos.
- Fill out the Property Details section:
- Use the drop-down menus to select home for Rent and the Rental Type (apartment/condo, house, or townhouse)
- Use the drop-down menus to select the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Enter the exact property address. You do have the option to make that address private.
Note: You also have the option to add the square footage, lease length and date available, and other additional features such as heating or cooling, pet-friendliness, parking, and laundry.
- Choose where to post your listing (your profile page, other groups on Facebook, etc).
- Click on the Post option when done.