Automatic Bank Synchronization
Rentec Direct property management software offers a bank synchronization tool that allows pulling bank account information directly from a financial institution to populate within the Rentec Direct software. Once imported, the information can be assigned to tenants, vendors, owners, properties, and categories as needed.
Getting Started with Bank Sync
To get started you will need to link your bank account to your Rentec Direct account.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Banking from the main menu.
- Right-click on a bank account and choose Sync w/bank.
- Click the Link Account button which will bring you to a brief intro to Plaid, the service which allows you to link your Bank safely
- Click Continue, which will bring you to Select your institution. Here you can easily link to one of the thousands of banking institutions we support where you can select your Bank
- The next screen will authenticate the bank you selected
- The next screen you will see will link you to your bank, where you will enter your user name and password to log into your account.
Note: While we support the vast majority of banks in the US, some smaller banks do not participate. If your bank is not supported and/or you are having trouble connecting or logging in, you may be able to manually sync with your bank.
Instructions on manually syncing to your bank can be found here: Manual Bank Synchronization
Now that you are connected to your account, at this point, the Rentec Direct system works to securely initialize your account. The most recent 30 days of transactions will be available to you in less than five minutes.
Access Historical Transaction Data
After the initial 30 days worth of transactions are available, Rentec Direct continues to work to get historical transaction information. The amount of historical transaction information available varies from bank to bank but you can typically expect the last 2 years of transaction information to become available.
After your account has been fully initialized you will have the ability to specify a date range of information by clicking the Synchronize button.
After clicking the Synchronize button you will be able to match the transactions from your bank to the ones you’ve entered into Rentec Direct.
Don’t worry, if you haven’t entered any transactions into Rentec Direct, you can easily specify new entries from the transaction matching page.