Update Payment Information
You have options on which credit or debit card and/or bank account your account subscription and other incidental charges (such as tenant screening reports) are billed.
Update Account Billing Information
Changing your payment information is a simple process in the software.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Settings.
- Under Account Settings click Your Account & Subscription.
- Click either the Bank Draft Data or Credit Card Data option.
Tip: From this page, you can also view every detailed invoice by clicking the view billing history link.
- The next page will allow you to update or change the payment type and information by clicking the remove/update link.
- Click the I agree to the terms of service box.
- Click the Submit Payment Info button when finished.
Bank Draft and/or Credit Card data can be kept on file. If both are entered, a bank draft payment will be initiated first, and the card will then be charged if the bank draft payment declines.
If you order any tenant screening reports from us, we require a credit card on file as a backup in case the ACH payment declines.
If a Debit Card is entered, your bank may place a 'pre-authorization' hold on your account when a payment is processed. This will show on your bank statement as two transactions and appear as if you've been charged twice. When the payment is finalized, the hold or pending transaction will generally fall off and be removed from your statement within 3-4 days.