Edit, Correct, or Delete Transactions
There are times when a transaction needs to be corrected or deleted and your property management software makes it easy.
Edit or Delete a Transaction
The following examples and steps illustrate the different navigation available to edit, correct, or delete a transaction.
Note: These same principles apply to any ledger within the system.
In your Rentec Direct Account:
- Click on Property, Tenants, or Accounts appropriate for your task.
- Click on the balance to enter the ledger that has the transaction needing attention.
- Click the Edit Transaction icon or right-click on the transaction for edit and delete options.
Note: The right-click Delete Transaction option is a quick delete that does not require going into the transaction.
- After you click the Edit Transaction option, the system will present the edit transaction screen as seen below. Edit any of the values you wish.
- Click the Save Changes button for the changes to apply. You also have the option to delete the transaction from this edit screen.
System Advice: The upper right corner of every transaction tells the system where to post a transaction simultaneously. When editing, only choose the items in that upper right corner box that should be affected by what happened in real life.
For example, in the screenshot above, the bank and property have been left as 'NONE' which is correct because this 110 Charge category is only used when posting a charge to the tenant. The 110 Charge category should not be used for property nor bank ledger transactions.
Deleting a Split Transaction
Important Note: Follow the steps above to Edit Transaction. A split transaction will have a red x next to each line of the split which must be clicked before the entire transaction can be deleted.
Information on how to enter a split transaction can be found here: Entering Split Transactions