Transaction History Audit Log
Access to the transaction history of your accounting logs is extremely helpful for:
- Training new employees and identifying accidental edits
- Correcting errors
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Identifying and preventing embezzlement
- Keeping track who created and modified specific transactions
How to Access Transaction Edit History
All transactions entered, edited, or deleted will have a corresponding log in the Transaction History. Follow the instructions below to view those details.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Settings
- Choose Utilities
- Click Transaction History link
From here you will be able to view all the transaction history of your account. You can specify which user’s transaction history you would like to view and/or select a date range.
Tip: Use the down arrow to open and view the history of an individual transaction.
In addition to logging all transactions posted and edited by all users, the system will post automated transactions such as online rent payments and recurring charges as the Admin.
A glimpse of a modified transaction will show which user made the modification as well as relevant tenant, property, and account information related to the transaction.
The Transaction History Audit Log will:
- List all the transactions that have been added or modified within an account
- Display information about the transaction on the main row, including:
- Date of most recent modification
- The account the transaction is associated with (tenant, property, owner, vendor or bank)
- Most recent action
- Transactions can be filtered to show only transactions that have been edited by a specific user, within a category and/or account, and narrowed by a date range.