Update a Lease Expiration
Adding the lease information in the system lets the software notify you in advance of a lease expiration so you can prepare your lease renewals or notices to vacate in a timely manner.
Note: You also have the option to set up Automatic Rent Escalations from the same page interface.
More information on automating your rent escalations can be found here: Automatic Rent Escalations
How to Update a Lease Expiration
Whether you inadvertently forgot to set the lease information when you placed a tenant in a unit, or need to update the information for lease renewals, it's a simple process with these instructions.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Tenants
- Right-click and choose Update Lease from the menu
- Under Update Lease Expiration or Rent enter the Lease Expiration date
- If you ever need to update the move-in date or set up automatic rent escalations, those options are also available on this page.
- To switch the tenant to a month-to-month agreement, delete the Lease Expiration date.
- Click Save Lease when finished.
Once completed you will see the lease expiration date in the Tenants Profile Card
Set Up Lease Expiration Notifications
- Click Settings
- Choose Program Defaults
- Edit the Days before vacancies and lease expirations to show notice field to how many days in advance you'd like to be notified of the upcoming lease expiration date
- Click Save Changes when finished
Lease Expiration Report
- Click Reports
- Choose Tenant Reports
- Choose which Property or All Properties in the Property drop-down menu
- Click the Lease Expiration report.
Note: The Property and Lease Expiration Dates are clickable links that let you sort the information.