Void A Check
There are times when it is necessary to void a check or transaction yet, keep a record on a ledger within the system.
Important Note: If you need to keep a more detailed paper trail, especially if a particular check was included in a bank reconciliation, it is advised to post a ledger adjustment transaction (also known as a journal entry) instead of voiding the check.
Instructions on posting a journal entry can be found here: Ledger Adjustment Transactions / Journal Entry
How to Void a Check
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on the Accounts Tab
- Enter the ledger where the transaction is posted by clicking on the bank name, balance, or using the tooltip highlighted below.
- Enter the check number you wish to void in the search tool to locate your transaction quickly.
- Click on the paper/pencil icon or double click to open the transaction.
- Edit the dollar amount to zero out the amount of the transaction.
- Enter VOID in the "Display As" field and the "Memo" field. The VOID will now be visible in the check register report as well as the ledger report and detail.