Notifications and Reminders (Notes)
Not only will the reminder populate a notification on the Summary section, but they can also be emailed or sent by text to whomever you choose.
Replace batteries in smoke alarms, repeat every 1 year.
Send Joe out to clean the gutters, repeat every 6 months.
Flush water heater, repeat every 2 years.
Ask for rental insurance verification, repeat every year.
Evaluate and increase rent, repeat every 1 year.
Send a birthday card, repeat yearly.
Request current W-9 form, repeat yearly
Review management agreement, repeat every 2 years.
Send a thank you card, repeat yearly.
Create a Reminder
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on Property, Tenant, or Account.
- Right-click on any specific property, tenant, owner, or account and choose Notes & History.
- Click add a new note.
- Enter the details of the note and click Enable reminders.
- Set the reminder settings accordingly. To send by email or SMS, click the appropriate box and enter the receiver's email and/or mobile phone number.
Note: To receive a notification on the Summary tab only, do not select email or SMS.
- Click Save Changes.
Tip: If you want to test the reminder tool, set a reminder for tomorrow with your email address or mobile number and you should get the notification the following day at 8:00 AM Pacific.
System Note: Reminders are only viewable by the subuser who set the reminder and the admin of the account. No other subuser can see these notifications. Sticky Notes, however, can be seen by all users.
More information on Sticky Notes can be found here: Sticky Notes
Tip: You can change the default time notifications are sent in the Program Defaults in Settings.
Text Message Replies
There are three locations to find replies to text/SMS reminders:
- There will be an unread message(s) notification in the Notices section of the Summary page.
- Also on the Summary page, choose Mailbox from the Quick Links at the bottom of your account.
- On Tenants, right-click on a tenant account and select Email/SMS from the menu to see any replies directly from that particular tenant.