Custom Forms Editor
Rentec Pro and PM subscribers can use the Forms Editor to create a document with data fields that will automatically pull relevant tenant or property information and automatically input them into the form for you.
System note: Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome are recommended when using this tool vs. Internet Explorer
How to Use the Form Editor
Customizing forms is an easy and useful tool in your property management software.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Settings.
- Under Program options click Forms. Forms are like templates that will be populated with information at a later time.
- Click Add Form to start a new form.
- To add content to the form, click within the content area and begin typing or pasting content. You can insert additional database fields by clicking the Data Fields drop-down menu.
Tip: The software provides common property management data fields. To add additional custom data fields follow the instructions available here: Custom Fields
- Remember to give your custom form a Name and assign it a Group when you are finished with your draft so it will be available to use.
- Click Save Form when finished.
Note: Saving a form without assigning it to a Group keeps that form in draft mode.
Data Fields and How They Appear
When you select a data field to add to the body of your message, the system automatically insert those values into the form.
For example: if you've entered
Hello %first_name% %last_name%,
The document would read:
Hello Joe Smith,
- Using the HelloSign Initials data-field allows HelloSign to request the signer’s initials at various points throughout the form.
- In the Form template editor, a Page Break helps you control exactly where your form content will skip to the next page. After insertion, the field appears as %PAGE_BREAK% in the editor and in the Preview or final PDF document it does an actual new page.
- Use the Preview Button to test with sample data. The Preview option is available on desktops when browser size is maximized. You can also preview a form by creating a sample Tenant and choosing Forms on their Tenant Menu.