Notifications and Reminders | Notes
The notes and reminders interface gives you flexible reminder options throughout the program. You can set a one-time reminder or a recurring reminder for any frequency you choose.
Replace batteries in smoke alarms, repeat every 1 year.
Send Joe out to clean the gutters, repeat every 6 months.
Flush water heater, repeat every 2 years.
Ask for rental insurance verification, repeat every year.
Evaluate and increase rent, repeat every 1 year.
Send a birthday card, repeat yearly.
Request current W-9 form, repeat yearly
Review management agreement, repeat every 2 years.
Send a thank you card, repeat yearly.
Create a Reminder
Creating a reminder is a quick and simple task in your software.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on Properties, Tenants, Banking, or Owners.
- Right-click on any specific property, tenant, account, or owner and choose Notes & History.
- Click the + Add New Note button.
- Enter the details of the note and click the Enable Reminders box.
- Set the reminder settings accordingly:
- To send by email or text, click the appropriate box and enter the receiver's email and/or mobile phone number.
- To see software notifications only, do not select email or text.
- Click Save Changes.
Tip: If you want to test the reminder tool, set a reminder for tomorrow with your email address or mobile number and you should get the notification the following day at 8:00 AM Pacific.
System Note: Reminders are only viewable by the subuser who set the reminder and the admin of the account. No other subuser can see these notifications. Sticky Notes, however, can be seen by all users.
More information on Sticky Notes can be found here : Sticky Notes
Where to View Reminders and Software Notifications
Note: Reminders are only visible to the Manager or User that set the reminder and the account administrator. Other subusers will not see the notifications.
Text Message Replies
There are two locations to find replies to text/SMS messages:
- There is a message(s) notification bell in the at the top of every page in the software. Click the Messages icon for viewing options.
- or Chose Tenants or Owners and right-click to select Messaging from the menu to see any replies directly from that particular tenant.