Instant Tenant Card Transactions (Instant Credit or Debit Card Payments)
Tenant payment options includes instant transactions made with a debit or credit card. If you allow online payments via the Tenant Portal and your account is enabled to accept debit and credit card payments from tenants, your residents will have the option to make an instant payment in their Tenant Portal with a credit or debit card.
Processing an Instant Card (Debit/CC) Transaction
The instant card debit feature will initiate a request to CSG Forte, using the card information that was selected, and will post the processing transaction to the tenant ledger instantly.
If your tenant wants to make an instant payment, please advise them on the following instructions.
In the Tenant Portal:
- Click Payments
- Under Make Instant Payment, select Pay Now
- Your tenant can also choose to Schedule One-Time Payment which allows them to pick a date in the future for the transaction to take place. An instant payment happens immediately.
- Enter amount you wish to pay under Pay This Amount
- Using the dropdown menu, select the account or card from which to make the payment.
- To add a new account or credit or debit card, click on Manage Payment Accounts
- Check the boxes to agree to the terms and the convenience fee
- Click Make Payment
SYSTEM NOTE: Although this feature allows tenants to instantly submit a payment by card, it may still take the same processing time before the funds are cleared and deposited into your bank account.
Enable or Disable Payment Options on a Per-Tenant Basis
If you do not want certain tenants to have certain payment options available to them in their Tenant Portal you can enable or disable the feature on a per-tenant basis.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Tenants
- Find the tenant you want to edit in your tenant list
- Right click on the tenant's name and select Online Payments from the drop down menu
- Under the the Online Payments section, choose your configuration.
- CC Payments Enabled YES or NO
- Click Save Changes