Tenants can view the most recent details about their statement and deposit balance, amount, and due dates from the Tenant Portal. If enabled, they can also file a maintenance work order and schedule online payments.
System Note: Tenant Portals are an option for primary and co-tenants and can be accessed through mobile apps. Mobile apps contain all the functionality of the Tenant Portal and are available for iOS and Android devices. Click here for more information: Mobile App
How to Enable Tenant Portals
Before your tenant has access to a portal, you will first want to enable that option.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Tenants
- Right-click on a tenant or click on the menu and select Edit Tenant
- Under Contact Info, enter their email address (the email address will be their username).
- In the Tenant Portal section, check the Enable Portal box.
- Generate a password for the tenant by clicking on the paper-pencil icon. A box will pop up where you can create a custom password or have the system auto-generate one by clicking the circle arrow icon.
Note: Tenants have the ability to change their email address and password through their portal.
- To prompt an email notice to your tenant with login and password instructions, click the Email Tenant box.
Important Note: If you forget to click the Email Tenant box on this page, nothing will be sent to the tenant, and you will need to repeat this step.
- Click the Submit button
- The Tenant Details page will appear. Click the Update Tenant button at the bottom of the page
Important Note: If you believe you have enabled the portal but the tenant is not able to log in, you may have inadvertently forgotten to click the Enable Portal, Email Notifications, or Save Changes button.
Sample Auto-Generated Portal Email
Accessing the Portal and Tenant Portal View
Beyond your custom web address, tenants can also access their portal at this universal web address: rentecdirect.com/tenants
Depending on the options you've enabled in your Program Settings, the Tenant Portal may display:
- Summary displays at a glance information on the last payment received, the next payment due, the total currently due, and a payment history chart
- Statement lists every charge and payment posted individually by date in an informative ledger, as well as their deposit balance
- Repairs allow tenants to submit work orders with photos through their portal
- Payments if your account is set up for online payment processing and/or cash payments, tenants will have the option to schedule and pay rent online, and/or find locations to make electronic cash payments
Information about electronic payments can be found here: Electronic Payment Processing
- Files allow tenants to view any files you've shared with them from the File Library
- Settings allows tenants to update their email address, password, and email notification preferences