Co-Renter PortalsTo get started, head over to the Tenants tab. Once you are here, right-click on a co-renter > select Edit Tenant.
- Enter the tenants email address (this will be their username)
- Generate a password for the tenant, by clicking on the paper-pencil icon next to where it says Password (they have the ability to change this when in the portal, however, if they ever need the password reset, then you will need to do it for them on this page)
- Check the Enable Portal box
- After you have clicked the paper-pencil icon next to where it says Password, a box will pop up where you can create a custom password or have the system auto-generate one for you by clicking the green icon. To prompt an email notice to your tenant with login and password instructions, be sure to select the email box and the submit button.
Below is a sample of the auto-generated portal email:
Beyond your custom web address, tenants can also access their portal at this universal web address: rentecdirect.com/tenants
Within the portal, the tenant is presented with a Summary Tab, Statement Tab, Repairs Tab, Payments tab (if enabled), File Tab (if you have shared any files with the tenant) and a Settings Tab.
- Repairs Tab: Tenants can submit work orders through their portal, once they have submitted a work order you will be notified via email and you will also see a wrench icon appear on the property (Make sure your email notification is enabled by heading to the Settings Tab, Program Defaults).
- Payments Tab - If your account is set up for EasyPay, your tenants can go to the EasyPay tab. Information on setting up a merchant account to accept online payments can be foudn here: Online Payment Processing - EasyPay Merchant
- Files Tab: Tenants will be able to view files from the File Library that you have chosen to share with them through their portal