Solution to Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign) In Process Requests
There may be times when you need to check on the status of a document that's been sent out for signature or the recipient advised they did not receive it.
If the intended recipient didn't receive the document to be signed, Dropbox Sign (formerly HelloSign), has changed the behavior of their system to no longer process signature requests if the number of requested signers does not match the signature fields present on the form.
- If you have a form that requests only the counter-signer's signature (%counter_signer_signature%)
- AND do not have a location for the primary signer defined on the form (%signer_signature%)
This example will cause Dropbox Sign to leave the request "Pending" indefinitely.
To solve this, you will need to edit your form to either add the missing signature field or add the All Signatures field option.
How to Edit a Form to Add Signature Lines
It's easy to make those adjustments to an existing form with these instructions.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Settings
- Under Program, select Forms
- Click on the Form to edit
- Place the cursor on the form, where it needs to be updated
- In the Tool Bar, click on "Data Fields"
- Hover over "Esign"
- Choose either
- The missing Signature Field (be sure to include both Signer Signature and Counter-Signer Signature) or
- The All Signatures option which adds signature lines at the bottom of your document.
6. When finished, click Save Form to lock in those changes