Login Page Not Loading
Rentec Direct deploys many security techniques to keep your account safe and secure. While logging in, you will have a username and password, two-factor authentication, and may be asked to verify that you are human and not a bot trying to break into your account.
While attempting to log in, you may see a page that looks like the following for a few seconds. If your web browser or app does not move on from this page in 10 seconds or less to the login page, your browser or computer may be experiencing a malfunction. The troubleshooting steps below, will walk you through steps to help identify and resolve the issue.
For more information on how Rentec Direct helps keep your information safe click this link Rentec Direct Launches Industry Leading Passkey Security Feature
Please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you have a supported and up-to-date web browser. Some browsers will auto-update by simply closing and re-opening the browser. You can also visit any of the following links to get the latest version of your preferred browser:
- Verify that you have an up-to-date operating system.
- For Windows, make sure you have Windows 10 or newer installed. Anything older is no longer receiving security or functionality updates
- For Apple macOS: Make sure you have macOS 12 (Monterey) or newer installed. Anything older is nearly end-of-life or no longer receiving security or functionality updates
- Try clearing your cache and cookies. You want to clear cookies and other site data, as well as cached images and files, by pressing ctrl, shift, and delete simultaneously while in your web browser.
- Try disabling all plugins in your web browser. Some plugins can read and modify the web content on your computer, which can cause problems with many websites.
- If the login page still does not load, you could have antivirus software on your computer interfering with your web browser. While most antivirus software has the great intention of verifying that your computer is safe, it sometimes intrudes and listens in on your web traffic, which can break or disable security checks. You can try the following troubleshooting steps for anti-virus software:
- Try to log in to Rentec Direct on a different device that does not have the same anti-virus software
- Try to temporarily disable your anti-virus software. Consult your anti-virus documentation on how to do this
- Once you've updated the settings, shut down and restart your computer or device.
- If none of these troubleshooting steps work, it is possible that your computer has malware installed on it that is interfering with or snooping on your web traffic. It is recommended that you contact your IT department or an IT professional to have your computer scanned and cleaned.