Property Starting Balance
If your property has a balance owing or a credit that you wish to reflect on the property ledger, you will want to post a manual charge or credit to the ledger.
After moving your tenant into their property, to reflect a starting balance:
- Go to Settings > Income & Expense Categories > Add Category and create an "other" category for "Starting Balance". If you do not want to categorize the beginning balance leave it "uncategorized".
- Go to the Properties tab and find your property.
- Click on the red dollar sign to post a negative balance or the green dollar sign for a positive balance.
- Adjust the date you wish the transaction to be listed in the ledger.
- Be sure to keep the bank account and tenant at "None".
keywords: beginning balances, starting balances, balance forward