Setup Text Messaging (Legacy)
This help article contains instructions for the Legacy Version of Rentec Direct. More information about the latest version of Rentec Direct can be found here: The Remodel | Rentec Direct’s Newest Software Update
You are able to communicate with your tenants, vendors, and owners by sending and receiving text messages (also known as SMS messaging) directly from your account. Follow the instructions below to activate this feature.
Order a Text Messaging Number
To be able to use the text messaging feature, you first will need to order a text messaging number.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Go to Tenants.
- Click on the Tenant menu.
- Choose Email/Text Msg.
- Click the Send Text option.
Note: If you have never set up this service a pop-up will appear. It is auto-populated with the area code from your main contact information. If you require a different area code, you are able to modify those three digits in the Area Code box before submitting your order.
- Click the Submit Order button.
Your Success Team will receive the request, order, and assign the number to your account. You will receive an email when the feature is activated and ready to use within 48 hours.
More information on how to send an SMS / Text message can be found here: Sending Text Messages
Text Message Pricing
Important Note: As of February 27, 2017, text messaging is included in new subscriptions for free.
If you are on an older pricing plan and are interested in upgrading, the current pricing can be found here: Rentec Direct Pricing
The pricing listed below applies to accounts established prior to 2/27/17 that have not updated to the new plan:
- $1 for blocks of 10 SMS messages for all notes/reminders to yourself and your staff going out via our SMS number each month.
- Dedicated SMS number is $10/month which includes 500 outgoing/incoming messages (2 cents for each additional message/month) and enables full SMS communication to your tenants, owners, and vendors.