Create a Workorder
Routine maintenance, emergency repairs, and everything in-between -- your Rentec Direct landlord software can help you manage that important aspect of your rental business.
How to Create a Workorder
Creating and tracking maintenance and repair workorders for your properties is easy with these instructions.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Properties.
- Right-click a property and select Workorders.
- Click the +Add a Workorder button.
- From this screen, you are able to enter in the details of the work to be done, expense for this repair, set a priority status, assign it to a vendor, and more.
- Click Create Workorder when finished.
Once you have saved this work order, you will see a wrench icon appear next to the property name, indicating you have an open work order.
Sending and Receiving Workorder Emails
Tenants portals are automatically set to have the option to submit workorders and the program is also set to send the account administrator an email on file in Your Contact Information in Settings.
- Click Settings.
- Click Program Settings.
- Under Portal Settings, choose NO.
Note: These are automatically set to YES unless you manually edit these options. Te
- Click Save Changes when finished.
Owners also have automatic access to view workorders attached to their properties in their Owner Portal. You can disable this using the steps above.
If you wish to email individual workorders to owners, simply open a workorder and follow the print/email work ticket link at the top right for options.Vendors
You can also have workorders routed to someone else (like a maintenance manager).