Property Inspection Report from zInspector
You have the option to connect your Rentec Direct account with zInspector to complete inspections on the go with your smartphone or tablet.
Once an inspection is complete, a copy of your inspection report is immediately available in your Rentec Direct account to review, share, or download. If there are any maintenance issues that need to be addressed as a result of the inspection, you can create a work order and assign it to a team member or vendor.
View zInspector Reports in Your Rentec Direct Account
Step One – Create a zInspector account.
It’s free if you have under 5 units and starts at just $24/month for unlimited properties after that. zInspector offers a 15 day free trial to get you started.
Step Two – Connect your Rentec Direct account.
By connecting your Rentec Direct account to zInspector your properties will automatically sync into zInspector so you can easily complete inspections on the go. The connection will also make it possible for inspection reports to show up in your Rentec Direct property list and inspection reports tab.
Follow the instructions below here for: syncing your Rentec Direct account with zInspector.
Step Three – Complete an inspection.
Use zInspector to complete an inspection for your properties. You have options to select a property to complete move-in or move-out inspections, seasonal inspections, maintenance inspections, or mid-lease inspections as needed, with options to take photos and detailed notes.
Step Four – Review the inspection report.
You can review your inspection reports by right-clicking on a property under the property tab of your Rentec Direct account.
You can also find a list of all your inspection reports by clicking on “Inspections” in your Quick Access Links at the bottom of your Summary Page in Rentec Direct.
Step Five – View, Download, or Edit Reports
When viewing your inspection report list, by right-clicking on a report, you have the options to:
- View Inspection – Takes you an inspection report page to access the PDF, Edit the Report, or create a maintenance workorder.
- zInspector View – Automatically connects you to your zInspector account to view the report within zInspector.
- zInspector Edit – Opens your zInspector account to make edit to your inspection report.
- Delete Inspection – The inspection report will be deleted from your Rentec Direct account.
Step Six – Share Reports with Tenants and Owners
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on File Library
- Find the inspection report within your File Library. You have the option to search by the file name, keyword or property.
- Right-click on the file name and select “File Sharing”.
- Select your tenants and owners you would like to share the inspection report with.
- Once shared, the inspection report will be available in the Tenant Portal and Owner Portal, respectively.
Step Seven – Create a workorder.
If any maintenance is required as a result of the inspection, you can create a workorder from the inspection report. If you choose View Inspection from the inspection page in Rentec Direct, you will be able to generate a workorder from this inspection (see step five above).