The PM version of the Rentec Direct software allows you to track all the transactions related to the management of an Owner's portfolio of properties including electronic owner disbursements, 1099s, owner portals & reports.
Important Note: Rentec PM was designed for one ownership entity per property. The owner portal, reports, statement, and 1099 features are tied to this designation.
Adding an Owner
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click Owners.
- Click Add an Owner.
- Enter the appropriate information to fill out the form.
Important Note: Few fields are actually required; however, it is recommended for record-keeping to fill in all known fields. You'll notice there are sections dedicated to enabling an owner portal and paying owners. You are welcome to enter those details at a later date by returning to this page or completed now to save you time in the future.
- Information on setting up the Owner Portal can be found here: Owner Portal
- Information on paying Owners can be found here: Pay Owner Disbursements
- Click Save Changes when finished
Assigning an Owner to a Property
- Click Properties.
- Right-click and choose Edit Property.
- In the Managers & Owner section, use the Property Owner drop-down menu and change this from Self to the newly added owner.
- Click Save Changes when finished.