Marketing Your Rental Through Online Listings
The software was designed to help you market your rental quickly through the use of online listings.
Market Your Rental Online
Below will walk you through how to add all the details of the property and publish the property online. From there, you'll have the option to syndicate the listing to third-party listing sites if you wish.
In your Rentec Direct account:
- Click on Properties from the main menu.
- Right-click a Property and choose Marketing Info.
- Enter the Property Identification information such as the description, appliances & features, lease terms, square footage, year built, and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- To help prospective tenants search your listings:
- Click on the items from the Search Criteria list that are available related to the property.
- Begin typing in the city name into the Search City field and choose the city/state from the popup menu.
Information on Lead Tracking and how Rentec Direct's marketing tools will help improve your occupancy rate can be found here: Lead Tracking
- Add any pictures of the property by clicking Choose Files.
Tip: Once a picture is uploaded, you can right-click the picture for a menu of options that allow you to download, set as primary, change the order, rename, rotate, or remove the file.
- The Publishing section allows you to click the options best suited for your needs.
- Publish Online Listing -- By checking this box, the listing will display on your built-in website (if enabled) and listings website page, rtd4.com/****. More information for setting up your custom website can be found here: Build Your Own Website
- Accept Online Applications -- Select this to enable your online application. Once enabled, an Apply Now button will display along with your listing, and prospective tenants can fill out the application online. More information on online applications can be found here: Online Applications, Fees & Screening Reports
- Enable Syndication -- You can get additional exposure to your rental listing by sending the listing to third-party rental listing sites across the internet. More information and a list of third-party syndicated sites can be found here: Syndicated Sites
7. Click Save Changes when finished.
- It can take up to 72 hours for the third-party syndicated site to publish your listing.
- To disable any option above, un-check the appropriate box and Save Changes.
- Removing a listing from your website and turning off the online application occur immediately. However, it can take up to 72 hours for the third-party syndicated sites to remove your listings.
If you don't see your listing in 72 hours an article with troubleshooting tips can be found here: Syndicated Sites | Why Is My Listing Not Showing Up?
Additionally, if you edit information on your listing, it will take 72 hours for those changes to appear on the syndicated sites.
More information on making listing changes can be found here: How to Edit Displayed Information on Rental Listings and Syndicated Sites
Take note of the website links in the lower right corner in the Resources box. These links can be used to link into an outside website or if you do not plan to utilize Rentec Direct's free website tool, they can be shared as a marketing web address.
Here's an example of what your rental listing will look like on your website or your unique rtd4.com marketing website page:
How Do I Provide An Online Rental Application Without Posting My Rental Listing Online?
When you create a listing and post it, you can choose note to enable syndication so that the listing only shows on your Rentec listing page (ie: rtd4.com/uXXXXX or custom domain) and not on other sites such as Zillow and Trulia. This way you can send the applicant directly to your listing page so that they can fill out the application.